MyFootTalk.com QR Code. Scan me with your smart phone, or click to open in a new window, then scan.
Free Web Forum for Podiatrists, Osteopaths, Chiropractors and people whose lives especially depend on feet:
sportsmen, dancers, singers, actors, runners, weight lifters, jumpers, martial artists, gymnasts, alpinists, travelers, hikers, geologists and all others!

Follow us on MyFootTalk.com on Facebook
MyFootTalk.com on Twitter We got followers!
Quick Links

Tweet this page!

Home
Quick Search

Forum Home
 Forum Rules, FAQ
 Forum Announcements
 Forum Suggestions
 Humor

General Category
 Member Introductions
 Feet in your life
 Music and Musicians
 Fitness and Sport
 All about food
 All about shoes
 Free Forum, no login

Our Life
 Real Estate

Podiatry Forums
 Private Room
 General questions
 Podiatry Practices
 Patient Testimonials
 Podiatry Medicine
  Anatomy, Exams
  Bunions
  Diabetes
  Gait
  Injuries, Fractures
  Knee
  Leg Veins
  Nails
  Skin
  Surgery
  Other Topics
 Unusual Podiatry Cases
 Publications
 From Blogs
 Reviews, Links
 Medical Billing
 Career, Jobs
 Job Discussion

Medical Suppliers
 General Forum
 Medical Equipment
 Disposable Supplies
 Emergency Kits
 Personal Care
 Current sales

Computers, Software
 Computer in your office
 Computer in your pocket
 Computer in your vehicle
 EMR, Medical Records
 Practices on the Internet
 Computer Security

Our Web Store
Podiatry Books
Exercises, Training, Diets
Personal Foot Care
Walkers and Wheelchairs

Support us!

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

I Would Like To Share My Progression Of My Recent Ankle Replacement
Blogger Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 8:14:23 AM(UTC)
Blogger

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 63 post(s)
I Would Like To Share My Progression Of My Recent Ankle Replacement

On June 15, 2011 I finally, after years of suffering, investigating, contemplating, & just being a bit frightened, had my ankle replacement surgery done…This was a huge undertaking for me. I am sure this would be for anyone. A body replacement; regardless which joint it may be, is a frightening procedure. There is the psychological; the psychical , monetary, and most important recreational (ie GOLF) setbacks,. The other frightening elements include (and my wife insists is the most important) is contracting an infection (whether it be from the device or from the institution, etc ), or what if I just do not respond well to the device?? There is also the uphill (rather steep one) climb to recovery. That includes learning how to cope with the new device, physical therapy, pushing myself, and as my wife insists, stop being so grouchy.

I want to share this experience with everyone, and would like feedback from others who may have undergone this procedure, thinking of undergoing the procedure, or any other questions you may have. I will start with how this all happened at another blog time. I have had a long day today…went to the doc, had my ankle seen by my doc and his team. I was told it is progressing well. Till later!!!

Please support this man. Read his blog and post your answers and questions at newanklefl.wordpress.com

We hope that he will be able to post his comments on this forum as well.

P.S. Updated couple hours later upon receiving the official permission from the author of this blog letting us publish all his updates including photos on our forum. Please feel free to contact Dean at any time with any questions. You can post your comments on his blog or here on the forum.

Thank you Dean for sharing this story with us!
Blogger, MyFootTalk
Sponsor
Press and hold the Shift key down before you click the links below to open them in a separate window and keep the forum open
Blogger Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 9:59:22 AM(UTC)
Blogger

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Progression Of My Recent Ankle Replacement 2

Posted on June 29, 2011. Filed under: Uncategorized |

Good Morning!! I was presented today with a new toy…a knee scooter. For those of you who might not know what this is, it is exactly that…a scooter that my bad leg leans on, and my good leg scoots around on. It has hand brakes and the front column swivels as a steering column. You may be thinking, well of course that has to be a steering column, but, do not fool yourself. When I first started investigating these scooters I noticed there was a vast difference in price range, starting at about $175 going up to above $500. I thought many of them looked similar (some had baskets, some did not, etc). When I inquired to the sales person, “what is the difference between the $175 one and the $300 one?” his reply was that the $175 one column did not swivel. “How do you turn?” I questioned..he replied, with much difficulty!! Can you imagine that!! I have included a picture of my new toy for you to see.

Till later!!

Dean
Blogger attached the following image(s):
Blogger attached the following image(s): img_1266[1].jpg
Blogger, MyFootTalk