MyFootTalk.com QR Code. Scan me with your smart phone, or click to open in a new window, then scan.
Free Web Forum for Podiatrists, Osteopaths, Chiropractors and people whose lives especially depend on feet:
sportsmen, dancers, singers, actors, runners, weight lifters, jumpers, martial artists, gymnasts, alpinists, travelers, hikers, geologists and all others!

Follow us on MyFootTalk.com on Facebook
MyFootTalk.com on Twitter We got followers!
Quick Links

Tweet this page!

Home
Quick Search

Forum Home
 Forum Rules, FAQ
 Forum Announcements
 Forum Suggestions
 Humor

General Category
 Member Introductions
 Feet in your life
 Music and Musicians
 Fitness and Sport
 All about food
 All about shoes
 Free Forum, no login

Our Life
 Real Estate

Podiatry Forums
 Private Room
 General questions
 Podiatry Practices
 Patient Testimonials
 Podiatry Medicine
  Anatomy, Exams
  Bunions
  Diabetes
  Gait
  Injuries, Fractures
  Knee
  Leg Veins
  Nails
  Skin
  Surgery
  Other Topics
 Unusual Podiatry Cases
 Publications
 From Blogs
 Reviews, Links
 Medical Billing
 Career, Jobs
 Job Discussion

Medical Suppliers
 General Forum
 Medical Equipment
 Disposable Supplies
 Emergency Kits
 Personal Care
 Current sales

Computers, Software
 Computer in your office
 Computer in your pocket
 Computer in your vehicle
 EMR, Medical Records
 Practices on the Internet
 Computer Security

Our Web Store
Podiatry Books
Exercises, Training, Diets
Personal Foot Care
Walkers and Wheelchairs

Support us!

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Android Phones - a real danger for stores
Dimi Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:33:34 PM(UTC)
Dimi

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Android Phones are real danger for stores
or how can you use Bar Code Scanner

If you are a Android Phone user you probably already know about most of the tricks that you can do using your phone. I'd like to consider just one of them.

There are many different free Android applications available on Android Market web site or directly via Market application on your phone. I'd like to pay your attention to Bar Code Scanners or Readers.

ShopSavvy Barcode Scanner, ShopSavvy, Inc.: https://market.android.c...p;feature=search_result

QR Droid Private, DroidLa: https://market.android.c...p;feature=search_result

QR Droid, DroidLa: https://market.android.c...p;feature=search_result

Barcode Scanner, ZXing Team: https://market.android.c...p;feature=search_result

ScanLife Barcode Reader, Scanbuy, Inc.: https://market.android.c...p;feature=search_result

There are also a few more applications written for a particular store like Sam's Club. These specialized applications also have A Bar Code scanner and they work mostly with the items that you can find in this particular store.

But let's return back to the general Bar Code scanners. What can you do with them? Just a few examples.

1. You see a very interesting book that you want to buy. Scan the Bar Code from this book and make a quick Internet Search. A few seconds later you will notice the book rating, price on the Internet and in different stores, and finally you can order this book right away, say, from ebay.com, amazon.com or the store that you found using your Android Phone. Is that great? Yes! Convenient? No doubt! You can wait for a few days and get this book right to your home and save money at the same time.

2. You found something very interesting, but you are not sure if it's good or not. Same trick - scan the Bar Code, make a quick search, find the customer rating, price, etc. It should take just a few seconds to minutes depending on your Internet Connection and the results will be brought to your attention right on your mobile phone. You can probably decide that this item is not for you, or the customer rating is too low to consider this purchase. Does that save your money? Definitely!

3. You got a huge collections of CD, DVD, Books, etc. in your home. What can you do? Load and install an application and create a quick and convenient catalog of your home library in minutes just using your smart phone, Bar Code scanner and this application. Keep in mind that some of these applications are free and can be installed in just a few seconds.

Impressed? Me too. You can probably find something more interesting. Please do not hesitate to publish your ideas here.
Dimi
3 users thanked Dimi for this useful post.
IDancer on 2/22/2011(UTC), Forum Admin on 2/26/2011(UTC), Paula on 3/6/2011(UTC)
Sponsor
Press and hold the Shift key down before you click the links below to open them in a separate window and keep the forum open
Dimi Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:39:29 PM(UTC)
Dimi

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 16 post(s)
4. One more usage that was lost in the original posting. Many advanced companies create their advertisements using the bar codes. Why? That's very easy, you point your mobile phone to this ads, the phone decodes the ads, shows the content of it and in most cases opens the required web site belonging to the company. Easy? Yes. You didn't type anything, you just pointed your phone and clicked the button to read the code. The rest will be done by your smart phone and you'll get a complete info about the company including its web site!

You can program any text, you can add web site, email address, location, phone number, etc. It's like a complete business card of the company, just coded into a puzzle! Once you added a company location, the smart phone will open that address with Google Maps and even can show you how to drive to this location! Same Bar Code will help you to make a phone call.

The QR below was generated by this web site: http://qrcode.kaywa.com

You can also use this web site: http://zxing.appspot.com/generator
Look at the example below. When you scan it with the QR code scanner it can open the web site, send email, or even add this info to your phone contacts!

Dimi
3 users thanked Dimi for this useful post.
IDancer on 2/22/2011(UTC), Forum Admin on 2/26/2011(UTC), Paula on 3/6/2011(UTC)
Walter Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2011 6:17:11 PM(UTC)
Walter

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Dimi wrote:
or how can you use Bar Code Scanner

Awesome! I used this trick today at my local Costco to buy a new Philips razor. Once the bar code was scanned my phone showed me that the best price on the Internet is $6 higher. Instead of paying taxes to Costco I'd pay even more for the shipping. The customer rating of this razor was pretty high. So I got it with no doubt! d'oh! I'd only wish Costco to provide a free WiFi Internet access to all the customers.
Walter
1 user thanked Walter for this useful post.
Paula on 3/6/2011(UTC)
Paula Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2011 4:20:46 AM(UTC)
Paula

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Dimi wrote:

It worked! Thanks! Applause
Paula
Blogger Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2011 8:51:40 PM(UTC)
Blogger

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 63 post(s)
I want to describe one recent experience that we got with my friends a few days ago. We visited one Italian restaurant in our area and got a sample of wine. The wine was very good and these guys were selling it for $26 for a bottle telling that it's very unique and we will never find it in the USA except at their restaurant. Well, I was allowed to make a quick photo of this bottle with my smart phone. A few minutes later when we went outside after the dinner we checked the bar code on the bottle with the same Android smart phone and found this wine on the Internet for just $10.99. Huge difference, huh! So it works just great! Applause
Blogger attached the following image(s):
Blogger attached the following image(s): IMG_20110430_203054.jpg
Blogger, MyFootTalk